Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Epic Fail times two

Wow.  I suck at updating this thing.  Fail.

The Caps had an epic fail tonight in Tampa on the score sheet.  A 7-4 FAIL.  Just because I think it underscores the frustration and I remembered this from somewhere a long time ago, a small negative reaction from Mr. Leonsis :)

But where most people saw a fail, I saw a victory and a much needed victory that has been missing from this team since they have "come of age" from the 2007-08 season.

The victory was the toughness & team effort of grittiness.  The team fought for their captain tonight.  See Matt Bradley (video coming later).  Then Steckel started fighting a seasoned veteran.  They weren't pretty fights, but at least they weren't Matt Bradley bloody ugly.

I think this is a good thing for the team.  They need to learn how to be tough & stay tough.  This will come in handy in their playoff runs in the future.  I'm not suggesting that they need to goon it up ala Slapshot (NSFW: language), but it wouldn't hurt every once in a while.

No comments: